MERIT began in early 2004 and was finished in summer 2005.
MERIT is a project on driving instructor standards which is 100% funded by the European Commission. The project will culminate in a series of recommendations which will be used by the European Commission for drafting a Directive on minimum requirements for driving instructors in the European Union.
• Institut Gute Fahrt, Austria (project manager)
• CIECA (project secretariat)
• VTI, Sweden
• Traffic Test, Netherlands
• EFA (European Driving Schools’ Association)
• DFA (German Driving instructors Academy)
• Central driving instructor and examiners’ college, Norway